-
October 20th, 2000, 01:31 PM
#11
Inactive Member
FixAlpha,
Like i've told you before, i run 550cc Venoms, and also though i could set the correction to some like your -27 accross the board.... but in my case it was the low -30's .... from -30 to -35 would make it run.... but it turns out that it detonates (even with major timing retard) at the top end... i push mine to -22% (with those 550's) when im in hi-throttle mode.... and it runs much better then when i was doing a solid number across the board....
With your 440's ... have you tried going upto something like -15% while in hi-throttle ? Something else i did was move my Thorttle points much closer together .... Lo set to 25% and hi set at 42% .... Because in my case, my turbo spools too quickly...
Does your setup detonate at all ? and just curious, how do people with VTEC hear the detonation over the noise the vtec makes ? because my detonation is very subtle.
-
October 20th, 2000, 04:11 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Well i was running in the rich with some settings at -30+ .... but still had detonation... so i just tried taking it upto -22... and wow.. what a diff... less detonation and more power... but when i went even further ... it would bog... i think i was flooding it ..
The only real way to do this is on a Dyno... but i just havnt had the time... so i thinker with it on the street...
I dont have any E.t's yet... as my first import event will be tomorrow... at the Battle of the Imports, Cayuga...
Anywayz... I'm off to do some more tuning...
-
October 20th, 2000, 04:12 PM
#13
Inactive Member
OOh, BTW, when my car detonates, it doesnt sound like marbles as most people say... it actually sounds like little sparks.... weird...
-
October 21st, 2000, 03:49 AM
#14
Inactive Member
MDA,
Im still pretty new at this v-afc settings. I go by what people have told me in the fuel settings and by an autometer a/f guage. If I lean it out more to 20% from 27%, the a/f starts to move toward the stoich side. I want to be in the safe side, run rich than lean.
As for detonation, I don't even know how it sounds (Ive never heard it before). I know it's a pinging noise, but in my opinion I really do not want to find out.
My car is loud as it is, w/vtec just a bit louder, I cannot imagine myself hearing anything unusual in the engine compartment at full boost around 7g rpm.
The best way for me to detect detonation is to get the J&S, for accuarate reading. I still don't know how it works, but seems like that is what everyone has for finding out about detonation in each cylinders.
Right now I only have three guages, boost, egt, and a/f ratio.
I know im running conservative in the temp @ 1200F in the egt, but the probe is mounted right after the turbo, .5" to be exact on the downpipe.
I rather be safe than sorry.
I want to go to the dyno soon, but Im out of cash.
As for hi and lo settings, I have mine 30 (low) and 80 (high). Someone told me about those settings. Any enlightment about these settings would be great.
About the fuel settings in the hvt mode, I will try to richen them up from -27 to -20 before I go to work and find out how it feels. I will tell you about it.
Anyways, what kind of setup are you running and what kind of e.t's, and mph are you hitting.
Thanks for any info about the v-afc or s-afc.
Paul
------------------
97' Ex Coupe,B18C1-hybrid, Turbo Charged, stock motor.
Riceboy Eater.
[email protected]
[email protected]
-
October 21st, 2000, 03:54 AM
#15
Inactive Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FIxALPHA:
[B]MDA,
If I lean it out more to 20% from 27%, the a/f starts to move toward the stoich side.
What I mean is, lean it out to -37% from -27%, the a/f start to move toward the stoich side.
-
October 23rd, 2000, 02:22 AM
#16
Inactive Member
MDA,
How did you do at Battle?
Anyways, I did what you told me what to do, richen it up from -27 to -20 at WOT. It feels good, but it might just be mentally.
However, I took it once to all the way to 4th, but it bogged around 6500rpm (@9psi). I did not try it again, but will be running Nov 5th at Enlishtown, NJ.
When you get a chance, check out our website at alpharacing.com It should be up by next weekend. (Oct 28-29)
Paul
------------------
97' Ex Coupe,B18C1-hybrid, Turbo Charged, stock motor.
Riceboy Eater.
[email protected]
[email protected]
-
October 23rd, 2000, 02:33 AM
#17
Inactive Member
Well i didnt do as well as i would have hoped at the Battle... ran a 14.1 @101.?? ... I know it's sad ... but it is an un-tuned B18B ... we'll have to wait and see what it's realy capable of next year..
So it boged around 6500 ? then maybe your -20% was a bit too much... but the point i was trying to make it even though at -27% the air/fuel shows rich, i've gone richer and made even more power... but like you had happen, i to have gone too rich and the thing bogs..
It's tough to get it all right... a Wideband O2 sensor and a dyno is the only real way.... Awell...
-
October 23rd, 2000, 01:05 PM
#18
Inactive Member
MDA,
I saw the post for your e.t at another topic.
Like I daid before, 101mph is a mid to maybe even low 13,s with slicks. Depending on your suspension and the weight of your car with you in it.
Anyways, what was your goal with your car?
Paul
------------------
97' Ex Coupe,B18C1-hybrid, Turbo Charged, stock motor.
Riceboy Eater.
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alpharacing.com
(site will be fully up at the end of Oct)
-
October 23rd, 2000, 07:15 PM
#19
Inactive Member
My goal for this past weekend was 13.5 .... but my overall goal is 12.5 .... i think the 13.5 was quick posible had i had more runns and played with boost and actually ran ICE in my liquid intercooler... but i didnt.... maybe next time ..
Hitting 12.5 will take some more help...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks